Taste of Downtown Kelowna
Phew! What an epic amazing food race we had Saturday in Downtown Kelowna! Thank you everyone for participating in the 3rd Annual Taste of Downtown. Even with a little rain, we had a blast and hope you did too!
AND THE WINNERS ARE .... (drum roll please)
GRAND PRIZE - Lisa
SECOND PRIZE - Taylon
THIRD PRIZE - Gina
* Please note that all winners have been contacted.
"I want to thank the organizers of this event, and give 'kudos' to the participating restaurants! We had a great time, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was fun! We have now discovered new restaurants that we will go to, having never considered them as an option before. Thank you everyone for such a Tasty Event!" ~ L.Hornby
EAT YOUR WAY TO VICTORY!
We eat three times a day, give or take. If you ate at a different place in Downtown Kelowna for every meal, you wouldn’t eat at the same place for over a month. That includes the chocolate shops. Yes, chocolate can be a meal.
The Taste of Downtown is a self-guided walking tour of Downtown Kelowna's restaurants, pubs and cafes on Saturday, September 7, 2013 from 12pm-3pm. What better way to celebrate the variety and diversity of Downtown Kelowna's 90-plus eateries and drinkeries than by making the acquaintance of a few dozen free delicious samples?
And don't forget to say hello to the nice people who make them. They like to chat. The weather is a nice ice-breaker. Maybe compliment their outfit.
Did we mention there are prizes? Yes you can eat your way to free things. Entering is easy and delicious.
1. Grab a passport in advance from one of the 29 participating restaurants (listed below) or on Saturday at the Downtown Kelowna Info Booth at the foot of Bernard Ave. by the Sails statue. They are in limited supply so be speedy.
2. Visit participating restaurants on Saturday, September 7th between 12pm and 3pm with your passport. You can't win if you don't stop in. That rhymes.
3. Collect coveted autographs. Eat a delicious free sample.
4. Enter. Drop your passpot off at the Downtown Kelowna Info Booth at the foot of Bernard Ave. by the Sails statue by 4:00pm. The pretty black and white one with the nice people in it.
5. Wait. We'll announce the winners on downtownkelowna.com on September 9th.
TASTE OF DOWNTOWN RESTAURANTS
|Annegret's Fine European Chocolates||565 Bernard Ave.|
|Arcade Audio Lounge||526 Bernard Ave.|
|Bai Tong Thai Restaurant||275 Bernard Ave.|
|Blenz Coffee||297 Bernard Ave.|
|Bliss Bakery & Bistro||109-1289 Ellis St.|
|Bread Company||363 Bernard Ave.|
|Casa Sasso Italian Food Bar||426A Bernard Ave.|
|Chaibaba Tea House||104-1289 Ellis St.|
|Chopped Leaf, The||243 Bernard Ave.|
|Doc Willoughby's Downtown Pub||353 Bernard Ave.|
|DunnEnzies Pizza Co.||1559 Ellis St.|
|Gallery Bistro||1399 Ellis St.|
|Grateful Fed, The||509 Bernard Ave.|
|Gueng Korean Restaurant||467 Leon Ave.|
|La Bussola Italian Restaurant||1451 Ellis St.|
|Mon Thong Thai Restaurant||1573 Ellis St.|
|O'Flannigans Pub||319 Queensway Ave.|
|Okanagan Spirits Distillery||267 Bernard Ave.|
|O-Lake Cafe & Bistro||375 Lawrence Ave.|
|Pita Pit||229 Bernard Ave.|
|Pulp Fiction Coffee House||1598 Pandosy St.|
|RCA Bistro||421 Cawston Ave.|
|Sliderz Community House||235 Bernard Ave.|
|Social 242 Lounge & Grill||242 Lawrence Ave.|
|SS Korean Restaurant||280 Bernard Ave.|
|Streaming Cafe||596 Leon Ave.|
|Swankies Gourmet Hot Dogs||1282 Ellis St.|
|Train Station Pub||1177 Ellis St.|
|Tripke's Bakery & Bistro||567 Bernard Ave.|
THE AWESOME PRIZING
Grand Prize – ‘The Full-On Downtown Kelowna Experiencification’
* Delta Grand Okanagan Resort – Overnight stay
* Kelowna Actors Studio – Dinner theatre tickets for two
* Kelowna Rockets – Dinner for two at Manhattan Point and two Kelowna
Rockets hockey game tickets
* Downtown Kelowna Association - $300 to spend in Downtown
Second Prize – ‘The Downtown Kelowna Experiencification Lite’
* Rotary Centre for the Arts – Theatre tickets for four
* Downtown Kelowna Association - $100 to spend in Downtown
* A Taste of Downtown basket full of goodies and gift certificates
from participating Downtown Kelowna restaurants and cafes.
Third Prize – ‘An Armload of Smart Betty’