The Blackbox Theatre
1375 Water Street, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 9P4
We are proud to announce the latest installment of carnage, butchery, and debauchery we call HorrorFest, showcasing the twisted minds of the International and Okanagan's Indie Filmmakers. Now in it's 11th consecutive year, HorrorFest is going stronger and better than ever! This is Kelowna's premiere Halloween event!
What is HorrorFest?
HorrorFest started in 2009 with one locally made thriller short film being screened to just 35 people. Last year over one dozen local horror films screened to a following of 225 people! Every Fall the local film scene unites to furiously shoot and edit their horror & thriller films for what has become a cult-like event in the Okanagan. HorrorFest is a costume party, and adult themed screening of the frightful films of Okanagan's best creative minds. Including Food, Drinks, Live Music, & Door and Costume Prizes... A great Haloween alternative! Come to party, come to watch, come to scream!
HorrorFest is a 19+ Only Event
• Best Local Film - $250 cash + $250 Credit of OSIF equipment rental + 1 Year OSIF "Pro" Membership + Your name immortalized on the OSIF Cup!
Best International Film - $250 cash
Individual Awards: Best Story, Best Acting, Best Audio, Best Cinematography, Best SPFX/Makeup, Best Death Scene, Best New Filmmaker, Best International Film
HorrorFest Entry Form
RULES & ELIGIBILITY
• Films must be submitted by 4:00pm on Monday, September 30th, 2019
• Films can be no longer than 15 minutes in length, including credits.
• Films must be of the horror, thriller or dark drama genre. Or include horror elements (ex. zombie comedy)
• We like to push the limits, but if your film is deemed too offensive, it will not be screened and will be considered disqualified with no refund.
• No limit on number of submissions per filmmaker.
• $30 entry fee per film submission. ($20 for OSIF "Pro" Members)
• If your film is selected you will be provided with 1 free ticket to the festival.
• Final version of the film must be delivered by 4:00pm, Monday, September 30th 2019.
• Please send (dropbox, google drive, dropsend, etc.) a High-Definition (HD) Quicktime .mov or .mp4 - Apple Pro-Res or H.264 or H.265 codec video file of your film on Film Freeway. This will be used at the screening.
• Please pay the Entry Fee at the time of your submission
• Films will be independently judged, by industry professionals, based on specific criteria, including:
Story, acting, camera techniques, production design, lighting quality, sound, editing, and overall impression.
Best Local Film - $250 CDN cash + $250 Credit of OSIF equipment rental + 1 Year OSIF "Pro" Membership + Your name immortalized on the OSIF Cup!
Best International Film - $250 CDN cash
Individual Awards: Best Story, Best Acting, Best Audio, Best Cinematography, Best SPFX/Makeup/VFX, Best Death Scene, Best New Filmmaker, Best International Film
**Prizes are non-transferable, and must be used by the winner(s)
By pressing the "Submit" button below, you hereby grant permission to and authorize the event organizers the rights to use your video production, created for HorrorFest for use of distribution, advertising, promotion, and licensing with no financial obligations to you by the event organizers or its licensees.
The event organizers are not responsible for any expense or liability incurred as a result of my participation in this production, including medical expenses due to any sickness or injury incurred as a result.
Also, you, the filmmaker, agree that you have acquired any and all releases and permits required for exhibition of your film. This includes, actors, locations, images, musical compositions, etc. OSIF takes no responsibility for legal action taken against the filmmaker, for the filmmaker's lack of doing so.